Wednesday 19 January 2011

The one where I swallow my pride and watch a Disney movie


Like almost every child ever born I LOVED Disney. I couldn't tell you how many times I've watched this scene, much to my parents dismay and slow acceptance that I'd never read a book again. However, I then grew up and realised these films were for kids, and therefore no longer 'cool' (do kids still say 'cool'?). Since then I have only watched Disney films on the rare occasion: Christmas and the odd drunken night. But I couldn't tell you the last time I willingly went to the cinema to watch silly animated creatures running around and making faces (Pixar doesn't count).

It is then with great surprise and joy that I announce Tangled is exactly how you remember Disney. It's nothing you haven't seen before, but somehow it's composed all the best elements of Disney films (classic story, wit, catchy songs, annoying sidekick) into one cohesive narrative, and it works! So forget all your Disney hang-ups and just go. And if you're a Disney freak, you've probably seen it several times and memorised the words already.

No comments:

Post a Comment